Asset Sales and Acquisitions
Lathrop Gage has considerable experience representing buyers, sellers, investors, lenders and committees in acquisitions and divestitures of assets in distressed sale situations and in all types of bankruptcy cases. The bankruptcy group combines its experience in bankruptcy and restructuring with the knowledge base of our colleagues in the firm’s insurance, financial institutions, employment, environmental and business transactions departments to provide comprehensive representation to our clients.
- Represented a leading gaming company in its purchase of a St. Louis-area casino out of bankruptcy. During the initial attempt, our client lost in an auction due to an excessive purchase price. However, the winning bidder failed to close, and we were able to obtain the property at a significantly lower cost.
- Represented the Chapter 11 debtor in negotiation and consummation of a Section 363 sale of its assets that included the direct and catalog sales operations of its own line of computer data storage and backup products and accessories and third-party products with more than $50 million in annual sales.
- Represented a regional snack food manufacturer and distributor in the negotiation and Section 363 sale of its business with annual sales in excess of $100 million and more than 1,000 employees at the time of the filing of its Chapter 11 case.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest telecommunications companies in acquiring assets of a former third-party service provider through the Section 363 sale process.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest candy manufacturers in successfully participating in a competitive Section 363 bidding process and acquiring a regional manufacturer with strong brand names.
- Successfully represented a major entertainment and gaming company in its acquisition of an operating casino from the bankruptcy estate. Successfully fended off competing purchasers and competing plan proponents.
- August 10, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- November 14, 2018
- October 17, 2018
- July 19, 2017