Lathrop Gage LLP Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship
Lathrop Gage is committed to diversity and inclusion at every level, and believes that the opportunity provided by its Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship will advance those efforts. The Fellowship is a component of the firm’s strategic overall diversity and inclusion initiatives. The fellowship provides up to $20,000 annually in scholarship funds, which may be awarded to an individual or to multiple individuals in order to assist with tuition, fees, books, supplies and other course related expenses. The fellowship recipient(s) will also receive a 2L summer associate position in the firm’s summer program.
- Enrolled and in good standing as a second-year law student at an ABA accredited law school.
- A commitment to participate in the summer associate program at one of the firm’s offices.
- Timely submission of all Fellowship application materials.
- The desire and ability to promote or enhance diversity in the legal profession.
- Complete an online application designated for the 2L Diversity Fellowship.
- Unofficial transcript of law school grades.
- A personal statement of no more than 750 words describing how your background, personal attributes and/or characteristics will contribute meaningfully to the firm’s diversity and inclusion goals and/or diversity in the legal profession/community.
- Two professional, personal or academic references or letters of recommendation.
- Application deadline is August 1, 2019.