We offer clients the resources and experience necessary to assist with disputes involving noncompete agreements, restrictive covenants, unfair competition issues, protection of trade secrets and improper intellectual property disclosure.
We specialize in litigating unfair competition and trade secret cases that involve covenants not to compete, misappropriation of trade secrets and corporate property or opportunities, and violation of confidentiality agreements.
We regularly help clients:
- Respond appropriately to protect their proprietary assets by effectively responding to trade secret theft, violation of restrictive covenants, confidential information disclosure and customer and employee raiding.
- Conduct employment investigations, including evaluating options, quickly addressing the problem and dealing with temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
- Draft enforceable and specific confidentiality agreements and noncompete agreements.
- Hire employees from competitors without violating existing agreements and setting off litigation.
We can also assist in making important decisions regarding what is fair and unfair competition; what is protected as trade secret information and general knowledge and skills that belong to the employee; company goodwill and personal goodwill; and between valid contractual restrictions and those that stifle legitimate competition.
- Settled a matter involving conspiracy to embezzle, fraud and trade secrets arising from previous litigation related to embezzlement by one of three owners of an insurance company.
- Handling a matter on behalf of a private insurance company involving conspiracy to embezzle, fraud, and trade secrets, arising from previous litigation related to embezzlement by one of three owners of the company. The matter is currently pending.
- Represented cookware manufacturer in a complex matter involving contract disputes about licensing technology, tort, trade secrets and patents.
- Representing a national bank, the defendant, in a dispute over violations of non-solicitation agreements entered into by five former employees of our client who now work for the plaintiff. Court has entered preliminary injunction in our favor. Currently on appeal in the 8th Circuit.
- January 30, 2019
- September 14, 2018
- Bernie Rhodes Interviewed by Missouri Lawyers Weekly on Why Lawyers Ignore the Media at Their Clients' PerilAugust 6, 2018
- Tedrick Housh Interviewed by Kansas City's ABC Station on Hacking Attempt on Senator Claire McCaskill's EmailJuly 31, 2018
- April 13, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- December 6, 2016
- May 6, 2016
- Lathrop Gage’s Intellectual Property Litigation Team Wins Motion to Dismiss in Contentious Copyright BattleNovember 14, 2018
- Lathrop Gage Continues Los Angeles Growth with Addition of IP Team of Andrew Choung and Erica Van LoonSeptember 12, 2018
- Greer S. Lang Recognized by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as a 2018 Women's Justice Awards Litigation PractitionerApril 30, 2018
- August 22, 2017