Lathrop Gage advises capital providers and public and private companies regarding asset securitization, loan structuring and documentation, protection strategies and borrowing flexibility, as well as loan covenants, restructurings, investment optimization, anti-dilution strategies, asset valuation and asset liquidation.
We guide our clients through all aspects of capital structuring and financing, including private industrial revenue bond financings, venture capital and mezzanine financing, angel investments, options and warrants, investment and growth strategies and credit transactions. We have extensive experience with debt issuances and various equity securities, including convertible preferred stock, payment in kind (PIK) preferred stock, common stock and stock options and warrants, as well as with demand and piggy-back registration rights, buy-sell arrangements, tag-along rights, drag-along rights, put rights and other exit strategies.
Our practice experience includes:
- Loans, including asset-based financings
- Convertible subordinated notes
- Capital formation, including angel investments, venture capital, SBIC venture funds and mezzanine funds
- Merger plans
- Leveraged buyouts and leveraged ESOPs
- Reorganizations and recapitalizations
- Exit financing
- Options and warrants
- Bond financing
- Venture capital and mezzanine financing
- Equity linked securities (phantom stock and convertible debt)
- Equity based compensation plans
- Assisted Sprint PCS in obtaining financing for its PCS affiliates, including syndicated senior secured financing, subordinated debt and public offerings of equity and high-yield bonds, aggregating more than $3 billion.
- Represented a major entertainment company as borrower/issuer in numerous finance transactions, including a $425 million secured revolving credit facility, a convertible preferred stock offering, a secondary common stock offering, several private note offerings and registered note exchange offers, and a $250 million private equity investment.
- Counseled an apparel manufacturing company in its $210 million refinancing. Handled the exchange offer for the company’s existing debt and negotiated new debt covenants.
- Represent a manufacturing company in connection with various financing transactions, including its $30 million asset-backed revolving credit facility, $8.5 million term loan facility and its equipment leasing program it offers to certain customers.
- Served as counsel for a high-net-worth individual regarding his angel investments in two innovative technologies. Performed due diligence, including an audit and evaluation of intellectual property protection and procedures; negotiated terms of investment.
- September 5, 2019
- September 24, 2018
- November 14, 2018
- National Law Journal Recognizes Dale Werts as a 2018 “Cryptocurrency/Blockchain/Fintech Trailblazer”September 1, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- August 30, 2011