Mr. Moloney counsels his clients on a variety of litigation matters, including contractual disputes, class actions, bankruptcy, securities and intellectual property. He also regularly litigates on behalf of his national banking clients, with extensive experience in successor liability, fraudulent conveyances and other evasive commercial debtor tactics.
Among his accomplishments:
- Won a substantial arbitration award for a financial services client in a breach of contract matter.
- Obtained a defense verdict for an insurance company in a multimillion-dollar fraud and breach of contract suit.
- In a state court of appeals, successfully argued a high-stakes case on behalf of a major gaming interest, securing its rights to a multimillion-dollar development site.
- Achieved a favorable settlement for an insurance receiver in a major breach of contract action.
- Represented a group of franchisees in a conflict with a franchisor about the value of their enterprises. Recovered a favorable valuation of 16 individual franchises.
- Successfully represented commercial lenders nationwide in pre-litigation recovery, replevin of assets, litigation and post-judgment collection of commercial debt.
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2012-2014
- December 14, 2011
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- City of New York Bar Association
- Co-author, Model Order Has Import Beyond Patent Cases, National Law Journal, January 30, 2012
- Co-author, Model Order Limiting E-Discovery has Implications in more than Just Patent Cases, InsideCounsel, December 6, 2011
- October 14, 2013
- January 4, 2008
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1997
University of Kansas, B.A., 1993