Brian M. Holland
Mr. Holland practices bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, business reorganization, and receivership litigation in the firm’s Kansas City, Mo. office. His experience includes representation of secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 bankruptcy cases, executory contract and unexpired lease litigation, and preferential transfer litigation. In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Mr. Holland devotes a notable portion of his practice to representation of receivers in Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement actions recovering funds, both domestically and internationally, for defrauded investors. His experience includes:
- Litigated turnover and recovery of $2.3 million in cash, art work, real estate, vehicles and watercraft resulting in over 71% return to defrauded investors in a Ponzi-scheme disguised as a REIT.
- Litigated turnover and recovery of over $9 million in cash, real estate, brokerage accounts, business interests, and jewelry resulting in a 26% return to defrauded investors in a Ponzi-scheme disguised as an off-shore short-term bank note trading program.
- Litigated turnover and recovery of over $3.3 million in cash, brokerage accounts, and real estate in a Ponzi-scheme disguised as a hedge fund.
- Extensive litigation in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts prosecuting and defending preferential transfer adversary proceedings.
- Negotiated and litigated asset purchase agreements in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts.
- Objected to chapter 11 plan of reorganization to force interim workout agreement and ultimate refinancing for real estate loan portfolio.
- Negotiated and drafted loan workout agreements for commercial and real estate loans.
- Enforced secured creditors’ rights in liquidating collateral, including real estate, agricultural crops and livestock, equipment, accounts receivable, and vehicles.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” - 2009
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1999
Albion College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1996