Wallace E. Brockhoff
Wallace (Wally) Brockhoff focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities involving a broad range of public and private middle-market companies, with a particular focus on agribusiness, ESOP and entrepreneur-owned companies. Wally brings a practical, client-driven approach to business transactions with a laser focus on accomplishing the client’s goals for the transaction.
- Advise grain origination and export company in multiple matters, including acquisition of grain and shuttle loading facilities, joint ventures and financings.
- Represent entrepreneur-owned grain, input, financing and insurance business in connection with a sale to a private equity firm.
- Handle sale of super premium pet food business to private equity firm.
- Outside general counsel to several pet food manufacturing companies.
- Advise craft distillery in licensing, capital formation and start-up.
- Oversee pet food product recall.
- Multiple biofuels securities offerings and general corporate matters.
- Advise multiple agricultural cooperatives, including new generation and conventional agricultural cooperatives.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Joint Ventures
- Represent Silpada Designs founders in $650 million sale of company to Avon and subsequent repurchase.
- Advise a major entertainment company in multiple transactions including sale of international operations in Mexico for $315 million and South America, purchase of GC Companies out of Chapter 11 for $167 million and multiple other joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Handle many sales and purchases of middle-market companies involved in manufacturing, software, retail and other industries to and from both financial and strategic buyers and sellers.
- Advise leading institutional ESOP trustees in multiple transactions involving creation of new ESOPs to purchase companies in a variety of industries including manufacturing, wholesaling, construction, engineering and others.
- Represent companies and founders in ESOP transactions, including structuring, financing and plan design.
- Advise ESOP companies and ESOP trustee in connection with sale of the company, whether 100% or partially ESOP owned.
- Advise a major entertainment company in connection with $250 million equity investment by Apollo Investment Funds.
- Advise Gear for Sports in $210 million refinancing transaction.
- Advise a major entertainment company in secured credit facility.
- Advise manufacturing client in connection with debt workout leading to eventual sale.
- Other venture capital financings, stock offerings, private placements and conventional financing transactions.
- US securities counsel for several US companies with foreign stock exchange listings.
- Early-stage angel and venture capital financings and private placements.
- Technology licensing and strategic equity investments involving a leading research university.
- General outside counsel to several technology companies.
- Corporate governance issues applicable to public and private companies.
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2017-2019
- Chambers USA, Missouri Corporate M&A, 2012-2014
- Selected to Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2011 and 2012
- Order of the Coif
- Moot Court Competition Best Oralist
- Member, Kansas Law Review
- October 4, 2012
- Past Board President of Children’s Center for the Visually Impaired
- Children's Center Campus Board
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- The American Bar Association
- Co-author, Agricultural Cooperatives, Farm Law (MoBar 3rd ed. 2006)
- Author, Strategic Alliances Offer Chances to Grow, Diversify, The Law Pages, Kansas City Business Journal, November, 1997
- Author, Income Tax and the Purebred Breeder, Polled Hereford World, February, 1993
- Co-Author, Farm Cooperatives and Associations, Missouri Farm Law, (Missouri Bar, 2nd ed., 1993)
- Speaker, M&A Trends and Their Impact in Engineering Companies, American Council of Engineering Companies Annual Convention and Legislative Summit, Washington D.C., April 2018
- Panel Member on Emerging Legal Issues, Agricultural Roundtable, September 2013
- Presenter on Doing Business Internationally, Manufacturing Summit sponsored by Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, October 2006
- Presented on International Joint Ventures and Alliances, International Trade Council, June 2007
- Panel Member, Legal Roundtable, Global Finance Magazine, May, 2002
- July 31, 2014
- August 23, 2011
- May 23, 2011
- May 6, 2011
- July 20, 2010
- August 30, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- August 15, 2017
- August 16, 2016
- May 24, 2013
- April 2, 2013
- October 15, 2012
- June 7, 2012
- November 1, 2011
- July 12, 2010
- January 13, 2009
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1991
Kansas State University, B.S., cum laude, 1988