Taryn A. Nash
Taryn Nash focuses her practice on business litigation, serving clients in areas including complex commercial litigation, defense of defamation / false light claims and nuisance claims, and insurance recovery and counseling. She has contributed to Lathrop Gage's Road to Insurance Recovery Blog on the "all sums" approach to allocating and exhausting insurance recovery.
Taryn joined Lathrop Gage after working as a summer associate in 2015 and 2016, where she was responsible for conducting research, writing memos and briefing attorneys in the areas of attorney-client privilege, products liability, warranties, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, CERCLA, Kansas Consumer Protection Act, Kansas B2 class actions and various employment laws.
Taryn also served as a judicial intern to Honorable Cynthia L. Martin in the Missouri Court of Appeals in the Western District as well as served as an intern to the Honorable Jeffrey L. Busher in the 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri Division.
In addition to her legal career, Taryn devotes her time to coaching young girls on a local competitive volleyball team.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Dean's List, 2014 - 2017
- Charles E. Whittaker Award for Academic Excellence recipient
- The Urban Lawyer, Student Editor in Chief
- The Hon. Joseph E. Stevens, Jr. Memorial Prize recipient
- UMKC Honor Court Judge
- CALI Awards: Lawyering Skills I, Lawyering Skills II, Contracts I, Property I, Property II, Constitutional Law, Federal Taxation, Business Organization, Equity, Civil Rights Litigation, Products Liability
Spring Hill College, B.S., summa cum laude, 2014