Lathrop Gage’s patent attorneys and agents are adept at securing patent rights for our clients’ ideas and innovations. We offer both legal and scientific acumen; members of our patent team have academic degrees and business experience in a wide array of fields, including biotechnology, mechanical engineering, medical science, manufacturing, chemistry, electrical engineering and circuitry, computer software and hardware, optics and petroleum engineering.
Lathrop Gage has the capacity to serve large institutional clients and the personal service and diverse technical expertise to serve inventors, universities and startup organizations. Among our recent patent prosecution successes: electrical devices and circuits, biotechnology, manufacturing methods, optical devices, computer hardware and software, household appliances, medical devices, drugs, chemical compounds, global positioning systems and management systems.
In addition, we strategically evaluate patents, recommend and implement worldwide strategies for patent prosecution, and help clients make innovative products that do not infringe the patents of others.
- Secured a portfolio of fundamental patents related to the Nobel Prize-winning RNA interference (RNAi) technology of a top research-oriented medical school.
- Obtained patent for instrumentation that analyzes, counts and characterizes particles through the use of optical technologies.
- Serve as primary outside intellectual property counsel for an agricultural trade association, for whom we obtain patents and provide advice related to a variety of chemical and biotechnology inventions based on enhanced soy products.
- Counsel a university on patent prosecution matters and research agreements regarding a new treatment for muscular dystrophy.
IPRs replace the old inter partes reexaminations and offer a valuable and powerful tool for challenging patent validity. To learn more about Lathrop Gage's IPR experience, visit the
Inter Partes Review page.
- January 30, 2019
- September 14, 2018
- August 10, 2018
- January 19, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- June 1, 2017
- April 24, 2017
- November 22, 2016
- June 9, 2016
- June 6, 2016
- March 17, 2016
- November 4, 2015
- April 22, 2014
- March 3, 2010
- October 9, 2009
- Lathrop Gage’s Intellectual Property Litigation Team Wins Motion to Dismiss in Contentious Copyright BattleNovember 14, 2018
- Onward & Upward: Lathrop Gage’s Bolstering of LA Office, Intellectual Property Practice Continues with Two More AdditionsOctober 16, 2018
- Lathrop Gage Continues Los Angeles Growth with Addition of IP Team of Andrew Choung and Erica Van LoonSeptember 12, 2018
- September 11, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- July 2, 2018
- March 14, 2018
- November 2, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- August 22, 2017
- May 8, 2017
- April 25, 2014
- August 30, 2011
- U.S. Patent Rights Not Exhausted by Patent Owner’s Lawful Restricted Sale of Product or by Sale of Product Abroad2/24/2016
- Update on a Recent Supreme Court Antitrust/Intellectual Property Case: “Reverse Payment” Settlement Agreements under FTC v. Actavis, Inc. (June 17, 2013)6/18/2013