Mergers & Acquisitions
We represent a broad range of clients – buyers, sellers, targets, financial advisors, special committees, equity investors, shareholder groups and others – in the complete spectrum of mergers and acquisitions. Lathrop Gage’s deal repertoire is broad, involving myriad industries, public and private companies, and domestic and international scope.
Regardless of the size of the transaction, we pledge to provide insightful business advice and to be creative, nimble and responsive. We understand the importance of mergers and acquisitions to your company and take seriously our roles as advocates and representatives of your brand.
Our team excels in:
- Transaction structuring, including the regulatory and tax implications of alternative structures and dealing with securities, tax and other regulatory authorities
- Due diligence investigations, including risk assessments concerning litigation and regulatory compliance issues
- Auctions and competitive bid procedures
- Purchasing businesses and assets out of bankrupt estates
- Closings, including regulatory and third-party consents, special purpose acquisition entities, transfers of assets and assumptions of liabilities, board and shareholder approvals, registration of securities for use as purchase consideration, and employee issues
- Post-closing obligations and rights, including purchase price adjustments, earnouts and indemnification obligations and recoveries
- Transition and integration
We work in concert with our colleagues throughout the firm – in tax, intellectual property, employment and more – to address the comprehensive legal needs of every client in every transaction.
- Served as the legal advisor to Silpada Designs, Inc. in its $650 million acquisition by Avon Products, Inc. Lathrop Gage provided comprehensive counsel on the transaction, including corporate, real estate, employee benefits and IP issues.
- Advised a major entertainment company in connection with numerous M&A transactions, including the sale of its Grupo Cinemex subsidiary to a Mexican company. The transaction involved 44 theaters in Mexico City with a value of $315 million.
- Served as lead counsel on the multimillion-dollar merger of the portfolio company of Chicago Growth Partners, a Chicago-based private equity fund, into a subsidiary of Insight Equity, L.P., a Dallas-based private equity fund.
- Represented PrimeStar Solar, Inc., a manufacturer of high-performance thin film photovoltaic panels, in its acquisition by General Electric Co.
- Handled the combination of two trucking transportation businesses. The firm coordinated the capitalization of the new holding company, employment agreements and other arrangements among the two owners.
- Represented multiple entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses as sellers’ and buyers’ counsel, advising on the most advantageous terms and conditions and providing general counsel on all aspects of the transactions.
- September 24, 2018
- August 1, 2018
- May 23, 2011
- July 20, 2010
- July 12, 2010
- August 15, 2019
- November 14, 2018
- National Law Journal Recognizes Dale Werts as a 2018 “Cryptocurrency/Blockchain/Fintech Trailblazer”September 1, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- June 12, 2018
- May 3, 2018
- November 2, 2017
- May 24, 2013
- June 7, 2012
- November 1, 2011
- November 1, 2011
- August 30, 2011
- June 10, 2011
- October 13, 2010
- July 12, 2010
- June 11, 2010
- June 11, 2009
- January 13, 2009
- June 13, 2008