We offer clients the resources and experience necessary to assist with disputes involving noncompete agreements, restrictive covenants, unfair competition issues, protection of trade secrets and improper intellectual property disclosure.
We have considerable experience litigating unfair competition and trade secret cases that involve covenants not to compete, misappropriation of trade secrets and corporate property or opportunities, and violation of confidentiality agreements.
We regularly help clients:
- Respond appropriately to protect their proprietary assets by effectively responding to trade secret theft, violation of restrictive covenants, confidential information disclosure and customer and employee raiding.
- Conduct employment investigations, including evaluating options, quickly addressing the problem and dealing with temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
- Draft enforceable and specific confidentiality agreements and noncompete agreements.
- Hire employees from competitors without violating existing agreements and setting off litigation.
We can also assist in making important decisions regarding what is fair and unfair competition; what is protected as trade secret information and general knowledge and skills that belong to the employee; company goodwill and personal goodwill; and between valid contractual restrictions and those that stifle legitimate competition.
- On behalf of a private insurance company, prosecuted a claim relating to conspiracy to embezzle, fraud, and trade secrets, arising from previous litigation related to embezzlement by one of three owners of the company.
- Represented cookware manufacturer in a complex matter involving contract disputes about licensing technology, tort, trade secrets and patents.
- Represented a national bank in a dispute over violations of non-solicitation agreements entered into by former employees. Injunction was entered at trial court and was affirmed by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- January 22, 2018
- January 19, 2018
- November 21, 2017
- T: 816.460.5530
- T: 816.460.5520
- T: 816.460.5642
- T: 314.613.2845
- T: 816.460.5561
Areas of Focus
- Appellate Practice
- Consumer Protection Defense
- Creditors’ Rights
- eDiscovery: Data, Records and Information
- ERISA, Life, Health and Disability Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- General Business and Complex Commercial Litigation
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate Litigation
- Trade Secrets
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- White-Collar Criminal Defense