eDiscovery: Data, Records and Information
Lathrop Gage LLP is at the forefront of emerging trends in eDiscovery. Our team of experienced lawyers and technical specialists provide sophisticated, yet practical and sound advice. We leverage law and technology to meet client needs appropriately for any size matter.
Client Focused. We collaborate with clients to understand their objectives and reduce the risks and costs associated with all phases of litigation. One size does not fit all clients, cases or matters. We help clients select appropriate preservation, collection, culling, review, and production strategies and resources. We do not build a super highway where a country lane will do. At the same time, we aggressively pursue key information from our clients’ adversaries through the use of targeted discovery approaches, effective negotiations, strategic depositions, and motion practice.
Litigation Tested. In addition to managing all of the various steps of data preservation and collection of electronically stored information (ESI), we have experience in managing large-scale reviews of ESI nationwide. These client engagements include onsite document review, oversight of document review conducted by outsourced onshore and offshore locations, and internally processed and hosted review.
Our knowledge base includes working relationships with multiple vendors and LPO companies. Our experience and relationships allow us to provide the highest level of responsiveness, service, and solutions for our clients while saving our clients millions of dollars through strategic price negotiations and partnerships. As a case matures, we are prepared to utilize emerging software packages to manage depositions, exhibits, trial preparation, and electronic documents in complex litigation.
Our experience in these matters extends to the courthouse and the courtroom. Our pioneering work in negotiating eDiscovery protocols and various adverse party agreements set the stage for significant cases around the country. If disputes are not resolved amicably, our lawyers are ready to litigate eDiscovery disputes of all varieties.
Consultation Ready. We also offer stand-alone eDiscovery advice and technical expertise outside of the litigation setting. Litigation preparedness through a proactive and integrated approach to eDiscovery has become an economic necessity. Our decades of legal and technical expertise assist clients with advance preparation for litigation holds, electronic information management and document retention.
Authoritative. Our attorneys frequently speak nationwide on matters involving eDiscovery and technology issues. We welcome the opportunity to meet with your organization to discuss your data management and/or eDiscovery needs regardless of how big or small the matter. Samples of presentations we can offer to your organization are:
- Robin Stewart - eDiscovery and Data Review, webinar, Virtual Legal Tech, ALM, November 14, 2013
- Robin Stewart - eDiscovery Issues Arising in Antitrust Litigation, Seminar, University of Denver, October 24, 2013
- Robin Stewart - eDiscovery From the Trenches, lexPORT Tech Expo, Missouri Bar and the Technology and Computer Law Committee, October 3-4, 2013
- Robin Stewart - Social Media and E-Discovery, Everything You Don’t Know About E-Discovery (But Wish You Did) Seminar, National Business Institute, March 22, 2013
- Robin Stewart - Making Your Online Evidence Usable in the Courtroom, Everything You Don’t Know About eDiscovery (But Wish You Did) Seminar, National Business Institute, March 22, 2013
- Robin Stewart - Legal Tech, New York (January 30, 2013), Panelist “Improving Client Outcomes with E-Discovery: Tools, Technology, and Successful Litigators”
- Robin Stewart - Panelist, Electronically Stored Information panel, Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, December 8, 2012
- Robin Stewart - Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) What You Don't Know and Why It Matters, MCLE New England, February 28, 2012
- Robin Stewart - Ethics of Outsourcing webinar, Sourcing Interests Group, August 16, 2011
- Jim Moeller - Techniques for Meeting Ethical Responsibilities and Managing eDiscovery (While Not Breaking the Bank), The State of Litigation Conference, June 23, 2011
- Robin Stewart - Rambus Decisions: New Case Law for Document Preservation, LawSeminars.com panel, June 21, 2011
- Robin Stewart - Legal Tech: Using Technology to Drive Value-Based Client-Law Firm Relationships, February 1, 2011
- November 21, 2017
- November 14, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- The National eDiscovery Leadership Institute to Host Inaugural Conference at Pierson Auditorium-UMKC Campus October 14September 5, 2014