Land Use and Zoning
Lathrop Gage represents developers before governmental entities regarding land use matters including:
- Tax matters — including tax protests, obtaining tax abatement or tax increment financing and other public financing tools
- Obtained all zoning and permitting approvals for developers to repurpose the former St. Joseph Hospital site in Kirkwood, Missouri for senior health care and housing, including independent living and residential care and full-skilled nursing services with Alzheimer’s unit.
- Represented the City of Lawrence, Kansas in seven planning and zoning suits brought by a major national retailer. Some were resolved on summary judgment, others were settled by developer agreeing to modify design plans.
- Successful representation of a high-end restaurant led to its development and approval in an unfriendly zoning city.
- Obtained zoning and development plan approval for the expansion of a major suburban office park in Overland Park, Kansas, including five restaurants, a hotel, a day care, parking structures and a new office building.
- Handled due diligence and obtained zoning and permitting through local and state municipalities for a new $30 million physician’s group practice in Clarkson Valley, Missouri, with a focus on oncology and women’s health care.
- Provided general counsel, zoning and permitting assistance for the development of a flagship Schnucks Store, a 130,000-square-foot grocery store in Des Peres, Missouri. Called in after the client experienced a delay in approvals; completed complex approvals in six months.
- October 26, 2018
- July 23, 2018
- November 1, 2019
- October 17, 2018
- August 15, 2018
- November 2, 2017
- November 1, 2011
- August 30, 2011
- July 12, 2011
- September 15, 2010
- August 17, 2010