Renée L. Zipprich
Renée Zipprich focuses her practice on the defense of complex consumer class action litigation and regulatory and compliance advice for banks, mortgage lenders, servicers, retailers and other financial services clients. Ms. Zipprich also developed a significant law firm auditing practice on behalf of banks, mortgage servicers and investors. She also handles commercial litigation, intellectual property, and antitrust matters.
Prior to joining Lathrop Gage, Ms. Zipprich was a partner at another national law firm.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Recipient, CALI award, antitrust
- Selected as Illinois Super Lawyers/Rising Star by Law & Politics, 2008-2014
- Defended multiple debt acquisition companies in individual and putative class actions, alleging violation of state and federal debt collection laws.
- Represented several major banks, mortgage servicers and investors in audits of foreclosure law firm practices.
- Represented major lender in connection with regulatory review of foreclosure practices.
- Defended numerous class actions alleging violations by lenders of federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Home Owners Equity Protection Act (HOEPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), and related statutes and regulations.
- Defended hundreds of class actions alleging various violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
- Defended national banks and finance companies in putative class actions alleging improper assessment of discharge recordation fees.
- Defended and prosecuted complex antitrust class actions involving price-fixing, conspiracies to restrain trade and other anti-competitive conduct.
- Defended federal patent litigation matter involving several commercial cookware design patents.
- Represented national manufacturer of power meters in patent litigation wherein defendant's products infringe at least ten different patents.
- Represented major insurance carrier in defense of putative nationwide class action alleging deceptive practices and breach of contract in connection with so-called “Silent PPOs.”
- Defeated two federal anti-trust actions brought by physicians alleging violations of the Sherman Act arising out of denial of hospital privileges.
- Co-author, “Fair Credit Reporting Act,” Consumer Financial Services Answer Book, Practicing Law Institute, 2011
- Co-author, “Fair Credit Reporting Act Update: Firm Offers, Willfulness, Adverse Action and Receipt Truncation,” 63 Business Lawyer 677, February 2008
- Co-author, “Taming Class Actions: Keep Best Practices in Mind,” Risk Management, February 2005