Mr. Youngs is a technology specialist with over 30 years experience in many diversified technologies such as software/hardware design and development, and mechanical/electrical device engineering. His earlier involvement with start-up companies facilitates his understanding of these unique circumstances. He dives deeply into technology of each invention disclosure to assists patent prosecution in the areas of technical research, intellectual property evaluation, drafting U.S. and Foreign/PCT patent applications and responses to office actions. He has also assisted in research and evaluation matters related to patent infringement litigation.
Areas of technical emphasis:
- Embedded Software (Smart Devices) design and development
- Communication Protocol and Signal
- Blockchain platforms and computer security
- Machine learning and AI
- Medical devices and medical virtual reality
- Application Software design and development
- Control Systems
- Mechanical / Electrical Devices
- Technical proto-typing
- Management and Strategic Planning for high-tech startup companies
Previous Work Experience
- 1998 – 2001, Founder/Principal Engineer, PhatRat Technology Inc.
- 1997 – 1998, Systems Designer, Shade Analyzing Technologies
- 1984 – 1997, Owner/Manager/Consultant, GIP Engineering Ltd.
- 1979 - 1984, Software Engineer, Marconi Communications Ltd.
- Academic scholarship through Marconi Communications Ltd., Chelmsford, England