Patricia Lehtinen Silva
By working across Lathrop Gage’s various teams, Patricia Silva meets the varied needs of the firm’s clients.
Patricia's practice is focused on litigation in federal and state courts across the country as well as mediation and arbitration. Licensed in Florida, Illinois and Missouri state and federal courts, Patricia has also represented clients in Texas, Virginia, Connecticut, Arizona and Tennessee.
Her practice spans a wide variety of industries. Patricia specializes in tort cases involving nuisance, products liability, breaches of warranty and toxic tort allegations. She has also represented small business owners and franchisors. In addition to litigation, she also advises clients on best practices for contracts warranties, in an effort to avoid the courts.
A strong advocate for pro bono work, Patricia’s representative experience includes providing legal services to domestic violence matters in St. Louis County and prisoners’ rights cases in the Southern District of Illinois. Her dedication to helping others in need aligns with Lathrop Gage’s commitment to community service.
Prior to joining Lathrop Gage, she was a law clerk for the Honorable James Lawrence King in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Won a complete defense verdict at trial in which plaintiffs, through a class action, alleged our client aided and abetted franchise fraud and committed civil deception. We again defended our client in the State of Indiana Court of Appeals where the Court affirmed the defense verdict serving as a double win for our client. Nidia Martinez, et al., on Behalf of Herself and Others Similarly Situated v. Stratus Franchising, LLC, et al.49A02-1509-PL-1317
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar, YLS Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018
- Honoree, Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder's Program
- Cuban American Bar Association member
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri Young Friends Board
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013
Yale University, B.A., with Distinction, 2010
- Federal Law Clerk to the Honorable James Lawrence King, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013-2014