Patricia Lehtinen Silva
By working across Lathrop Gage’s various teams, Ms. Silva meets the varied needs of the firm’s clients.
Ms. Silva advises clients concerning environmental due diligence investigations for buyers, sellers, and financial institutions. This includes assessing real estate, regulatory compliance, operations, and historical environmental matters, including experience regarding the Environmental Protection Agency’s “all appropriate inquiries” standards for environmental due diligence. Additionally, Ms. Silva offers a unique perspective to advising clients on permit and regulatory compliance from a corporate viewpoint.
Litigation comprises the rest of Ms. Silva’s practice. She counsels clients in a variety of complex litigation matters in differing subject matters, including environmental, products liability, business and contractual disputes, employment, and intellectual property.
A strong advocate for pro bono work, Ms. Silva’s representative experience includes providing legal services to domestic violence matters in St. Louis County and prisoners’ rights cases in the Southern District of Illinois. Her dedication to helping others in need aligns with Lathrop Gage’s commitment to community service.
Having completed a marathon during her first semester of law school, she thrives on challenges and the pursuit of new opportunities. Ms. Silva’s drive to achieve is balanced with a deep sense of giving back and this combination is a “win-win” for her clients.
- Won a complete defense verdict at trial in which plaintiffs, through a class action, alleged our client aided and abetted franchise fraud and committed civil deception. We again defended our client in the State of Indiana Court of Appeals where the Court affirmed the defense verdict serving as a double win for our client. Nidia Martinez, et al., on Behalf of Herself and Others Similarly Situated v. Stratus Franchising, LLC, et al.49A02-1509-PL-1317
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar, YLS Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018
- Honoree, Exceptional Pro Bono Pledge
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Pathfinder's Program
- Cuban American Bar Association member
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri Young Friends Board
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2013
Yale University, B.A., with Distinction, 2010
- Federal Law Clerk to the Honorable James Lawrence King, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2013-2014