Navigating the Maze of Employee Leave Laws
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. PT
Federal law regulating employee leaves are complex and sometimes contradictory. Add to this California leave laws, among the most demanding in the country, and the result is a legal maze which can leave even the most well-intentioned employer at a loss as to how to deal with employee leave issues.
This program will help you navigate the maze:
- Learn who is eligible for which kinds of leaves, and when
- Understand the relationships between Pregnancy Disability Leave ("PDL"), FMLA, CRFA, Paid Family Leave Insurance, Workers' Compensation, and more
- Discover the interplay between leaves of absence and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Learn how to handle employees returning from leaves
- Hear about the latest statutory and judicial developments in leave laws, including the changes to PDL, and organ and bone marrow donor leave
- Discuss Sick Leave trends across the country
- Attend from the comfort of your own desk!
- Requires a computer with Internet access and a speakerphone
- Unlimited participants on one connection
- $100 per internet/phone connection