Paula D. Pendley
Paula Pendley focuses her practice on products liability, contracts, premises liability, toxic tort and environmental litigation. She represents clients in nuisance litigation, commercial disputes involving intellectual property (with a particular focus on licensing matters), and advises entertainment companies and producers on matters including copyright and breach of contract issues, negotiating clearances, talent agreements, option agreements, shopping agreements and other production-related matters. She has extensive experience defending automotive clients.
During law school, Paula served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Lawrence Mira of the Malibu Superior Court, and worked for the California Attorney General’s office in its Employment, Regulations, and Administrations division. Paula also attended the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, where she completed her Certificate in Dispute Resolution and assisted in the publication of the article “Arbitration: The ‘New Litigation’” and the book Mediators Acting as Arbitrators.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section, Entertainment Law & Intellectual Property Section
- Pepperdine University School of Law Preceptor Program, Alumni Mentor
- Defense Research Institute, Trial Tactics Committee, Member
- Danny Shaw and Shirley Shaw v. John Crane Inc., et al.
- Castillo v. Cleaver Brooks, Inc., et al.
- Susan Hill, Individually and as Personal Representative of The Estate of Charles Tyrone Hill v. Air & Liquid Systems, et al.
- Kordestani v. 3M Company, et al.
1888 Century Park EastSuite 1000Los Angeles, CA 90067-1623
Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2009
- Phi Alpha Delta, Justice
- Trial Advocacy Team
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, Certificate
Pepperdine University, B.A., Telecommunication, cum laude, 2006