Patrick B. McRorie
Patrick McRorie is a dynamic leader who is shaping the energy sector in Denver and beyond. Licensed to practice law in nine states, his reputation in the energy field is well known, and he’s routinely called upon by the leading E&P companies that drive the energy economy.
Patrick represents oil and gas operators throughout Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado in lease acquisition and related exploration and production issues. His experience includes the review of joint operating agreements, participation agreements, oil and gas leases, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sale agreements, statutes, and case law as it relates to client interests.
He is often trusted to oversee billion-dollar acquisitions, and recently advised on corporate due diligence and acquisition title opinions on a multi-billion dollar transaction in the Delaware Basin. He also led a team assisting a client in an extremely time sensitive $1.6 billion acquisition of leasehold in the Bakken Shale. Patrick has advised clients on the implications of working interest partners, net revenue interest owners and royalty interest owners with respect to payment of proceeds from the production of oil and gas. His experience has included work on fee, Bureau of Land Management and Bureau of Indian Affairs lands.
Patrick was elected to the firm’s Executive Committee in 2017. He serves as leader of Lathrop Gage's Energy Practice Group, and is also the Partner-in-Charge of the Denver office. Patrick leverages his leadership roles to create connections that proliferate responsible energy development in Colorado and across the nation.
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- U.S District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming
- Denver Business Journal "Who's Who in Energy" 2017 - 2018
- Impact Denver - Spring 2017
- Selected for Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2012
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- President, 2010, Denver Association of Oil and Gas Title Lawyers
- Member, North Dakota Bar Association
- Member, Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Member, Wyoming Bar Association
- July 23, 2018
- January 2, 2013
- March 2, 2012
- August 10, 2011
- May 23, 2008