Michael J. Adrian
Mr. Adrian concentrates his practice in corporate, business and transactional matters, advising companies and individuals on formation and early-stage issues, drafting and negotiating complex transactional documents, including technology licensing agreements and services agreements, and assisting with mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Adrian regularly provides counsel to clients in highly regulated industries, including healthcare and gaming. In the healthcare field, Mr. Adrian has assisted hospitals, physicians and home health providers in developing, drafting, negotiating and consummating various transactions, including those in furtherance of healthcare integration strategies. These arrangements, accomplished through management services agreements, hospital-based physician services agreements or similar arrangements, often result in improved patient care and enhanced efficiencies.
Mr. Adrian’s extensive gaming experience has included guiding casino operators, suppliers and individuals through complicated licensing procedures and obtaining regulatory approval for multi-jurisdictional and international acquisitions and divestures.
Mr. Adrian has advised clients in a wide range of transactions, including the following:
- Advising entrepreneurs and start-up companies with formation, financing and strategic issues;
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions;
- Counseling buyers and sellers in acquisitions;
- Representing business entities and individuals before gaming authorities in various jurisdictions, helping them to procure and maintain their occupational licenses, manage ongoing operational issues and facilitate the use of best practices; and
- Assisting publicly held companies in connection with public offerings of securities, corporate governance issues and compliance with various disclosure requirements.
- 100 St. Louisans You Should Know to Succeed in Business, St. Louis Small Business Monthly, April 2018
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly's 2016 Up & Coming class
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Phi Beta Kappa
- International Association of Gaming Advisors
- American Health Lawyers Association
- St. Louis University High School Alumni Board
- Saint Louis University Public Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Co-author, Finding Capital in a Volatile Economic Environment, St. Louis Small Business Monthly, January 2009
- Co-author, Do European Union Non-Tariff Barriers Create Economic Nuisances in the United States?, 1 Journal of Food & Law Policy 87, Spring 2005
- Author, The Nation’s Medical Quandary Concerning Hospital and Physician Liens: Who Should Pick Up the Check?, 23 Saint Louis University Public Law Review, 427, 2004
- November 14, 2018
- November 9, 2017
- August 17, 2016
- February 1, 2016
- April 2, 2013
- October 15, 2012
- February 14, 2012
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2004
Marquette University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001