Lauren M. Wacker
Ms. Wacker concentrates her practice on business, employment, real estate and tort litigation. Lauren has significant experience in all aspects of the litigation process, including pre-trial investigation, initial pleading and motion practice, discovery, trial and appeal. She has represented clients in both state and federal courts, including Missouri Courts of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Missouri and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Lauren represents a wide variety of clients, including real estate developers, lenders, loan servicers, large-scale lessors, small businesses, manufacturers, student loan guarantors and fiduciaries. She recently successfully defended a mortgage lender against a class action petition seeking to compel a change in Missouri law. The plaintiffs advocated that a mortgage lender should be liable for the unauthorized practice of law if it procured form legal documents from a third party without the assistance and review of a Missouri-licensed attorney. After obtaining summary judgment in the lender’s favor, Lauren drafted the winning respondent brief before the Supreme Court of Missouri, resulting in a published opinion (Binkley v. American Equity Mortgage, Inc., 447 S.W.3d 194 (Mo. 2014)).
Lauren’s trial experience includes the defense of a real estate redeveloper in a two-week jury trial involving a complex redevelopment transaction, which resulted in a favorable defense verdict in excess of $8 million. Lauren also helped obtain a $4.5 million verdict on behalf of a national transportation company in a three-day jury condemnation trial.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of Illinois
- St. Louis University School of Law, Order of the Woolsack
- St. Louis University School of Law Academic Achievement Awards in State and Local Government, Land Use Controls and Intellectual Property
- Editor, St. Louis Public Law Review
- MS Corporate Achievers Program, Corporate Achiever Honoree, 2010
- Member, Missouri Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Member, American Bar Association
- Junior Board Member, Loyola Academy of St. Louis
- Volunteer and former Junior Board Member, Boys Hope, Girls Hope St. Louis; Active Supporter
- Co-author, A Primer on the Missouri Business Judgment Rule - A Powerful Protection for Business Decisions, St. Louis ACC In-House, October 4, 2016