Katie A. Rooney
Katie Rooney serves as Lathrop Gage’s pro bono attorney, where she focuses primarily on litigation and juvenile law. Ms. Rooney represents parents and children alike throughout Jackson County’s Family Court system, where she handles an array of family court appointments.
Before joining Lathrop Gage, Ms. Rooney was an attorney for the juvenile officer for the Circuit Court of Jackson County in their Family Court division for ten years. During her time there, she handled cases and dockets that included delinquency, abuse and neglect, juvenile drug court, family drug court and termination of parental rights cases. She also represented the juvenile officer in several abuse, neglect and termination of parental rights appeals in front of the Western District Court of Appeals. Ms. Rooney has also served as an assistant prosecuting attorney, where she primarily handled traffic and property crimes.
- Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA), Board of Directors, 2018
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Mentor for MU Women’s Law Association, 2014-present
- Girls on the Run, Kathrine Switzer Event Committee, 2015-2016
- Girls on the Run, 5K Committee, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015
- Girls on the Run, Lead Coach for Vivian Road YMCA, Spring 2013
- Girls on the Run, Assistant Coach for Riverside, Missouri, Fall 2011, Spring 2012, Fall 2012
- Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, 2010-present
- New Member Education Advisor, 2014-2015
- New Member Step-Up Chair, 2015-2016