Kate Nolen serves as Lathrop Gage’s Pro Bono Coordinator, organizing and supporting the firm’s commitment to pro bono and community service. She combines the passions and talents of the firm’s attorneys with the vast pro bono opportunities available within Lathrop Gage’s various office locations. Ms. Nolen also coordinates in-house training on a wide range of topics so that the firm’s attorneys are fully educated and prepared to handle all of their pro bono matters.
Ms. Nolen also handles some of the firm’s juvenile appointments, representing both parents and children in family court.
Prior to joining Lathrop Gage, Ms. Nolen was the Director of Legal Services at Jackson County CASA, a non-profit organization that represents the best interests of children in the family court system. At CASA, Ms. Nolen managed the legal department and served as Guardian ad Litem on an array of family court cases. She also grew the volunteer attorney program through recruitment and training to increase the organization’s capacity, making them able to serve more children.
- Up and Coming Awards, Mentor, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2019
- Up and Coming Awards, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2013
- KC Business Rising Star, 2014
- Citizenship Award, Missouri Lawyers Weekly Women's Justice Awards, 2016
- Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCo)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Speaker, Guardian ad Litem Training
- The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Bar Leadership Academy, Class of 2013
- Association of Women Lawyers of Kansas City
- Connections Group, Mentee 2009-2013, Mentor 2013-present
- National Adoption Day Executive Planning Committee, Jackson County Family Court, 2010-2015
- Speaker, 100% Pro Bono, Pro Bono Institute Annual Conference, March 27
- March 6, 2018
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law, J.D., 2006
University of Missouri - Columbia, B.S., 2003
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Peggy Stevens McGraw, 16th Judicial Circuit Court, 2006-2008