Kakoli Mitra, Ph.D.
Dr. Kakoli Mitra is an intellectual property attorney in the firm's Boston office. With over 20 years of combined experience in scientific research and law, she advises innovators on business strategies centered around the development of cutting-edge intellectual property portfolios. Kakoli’s practice is focused on acquiring, protecting, and defending patent rights for a broad spectrum of clients internationally. She brings a highly inter-disciplinary approach to her work, counseling clients in a variety of areas, such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, agribusiness, health, and business methods.
Prior to practicing law, Kakoli was a Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Awardee at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute and New York University.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Not admitted in the state of Massachusetts
- National Geographic Award for promoting sustainable economic growth through innovation, 2012
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences, 2006
- Natural Science & Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Awards, 1992-1999
- Editorial Staff, AIPLA Quarterly Journal, 2010 - 2012
- Co-Author, The Federal Circuit weighs in on declaratory judgments to ANDA para IV disputes. MSBA-IP Section’s Annual Law Update, 2012
- Co-Author, On the fringe of infringement: Federal Circuit considers limits of joint patent infringement, Maryland Bar Bulletin, March 2012
- Author, Ribosome dynamics: insights from atomic structure modeling into cryo-electron microscopy maps. Annu. Rev. Biophys. Biomol. Struct. 35: 299, 2006
- Author, Structure of the E. coli protein-conducting channel bound to a translating ribosome. Nature (article) 438: 318, 2005
- Author, Modulation of the bilayer thickness of exocytic pathway membranes by membrane proteins rather than cholesterol. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences 101: 4083, 2004
28 State StreetSuite 700Boston, MA 02109
George Washington University Law School, J.D.
Yale University Ph.D.
Yale University, M.Phil.
University of British Columbia, B.Sc. Hon.