Kevin M. Kuhlman
Kevin Kuhlman represents clients in many industries facing a wide variety of lawsuits across the United States. He has significant experience representing major corporations - many of which are manufacturers and hospitality industry companies - in matters involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, premises liability and product liability brought in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Kevin also has significant experience representing clients in consumer class actions related to alleged deceptive trade practices, product liability and warranty claims and in performing internal investigations.
Kevin possesses significant experience in resolving claims for individual and corporate clients through mediation and multi-party settlement conferences.
Select recent experience includes:
- Reached a favorable settlement for a breach of lease claim filed against a mineral production company. The settlement greatly reduced the initial demand by the plaintiff, in addition to avoiding significant impact on business operations and future business endeavors by the client.
- Proactively assisted a large chemical manufacturing company following an alleged anhydrous ammonia leak. Services provided include conducting next-day response to site to interview and investigate the claim. The investigation was completed and recommended next steps were provided within days of the incident.
- Representing a power generation company in a product liability case following a large fire that caused extensive damage.
- Represented motorcycle manufacturer and obtained summary judgment in a premises liability and employer intentional tort claim where employee allegedly suffered from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma as a result of chemicals inhaled during her employment. The plaintiff refiled her case alleging a change in the applicable law permitted her to file suit again and the case was dismissed a second time with prejudice. The second dismissal was upheld on appeal by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Represented engine manufacturer and filed successful Motion to Dismiss defeating plaintiff's allegations that the engine installed in a vehicle caused a fire that destroyed a building and multiple vehicles.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of engine manufacturer in multimillion-dollar lawsuit asserting consumer fraud and warranty claims on behalf of large fleet operator involving allegations that an EPA-compliant emission system was defective and caused extensive damages.
- Represented engine manufacturer and obtained voluntary dismissal by the plaintiff of putative nationwide class action alleging warranty and consumer fraud claims.
- Represented national pet supplies retailer and obtained voluntary dismissal from plaintiff in case alleging a store fixture fell and struck the plaintiff's skull causing a closed head injury and extensive damages.
- Represented hotel in case alleging that lax security measures resulted in guest being assaulted by another hotel guest during her stay. The case resolved for nominal cash payment and hotel reward points.
- Represented hotel in multiple premises liability matters claiming that various aspects of the property caused guests to fall, break bones, and suffer damages.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2014-2017
- November 9, 2017
- January 6, 2014
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Truman State University, B.A., B.S., 2002