Kate O'Hara Gasper
Kate represents clients in a wide variety of litigation and arbitration involving breach of contract, business torts, covenants not to compete, intellectual property, professional liability, and insurance coverage. She also represents firms and individuals before professional licensing boards, including the Kansas and Missouri Boards of Accountancy.
Kate works with clients through all stages of business disputes, from pre-suit advocacy and counseling, discovery, witness preparation and deposition, dispositive motions, settlement negotiations – and through trial, if necessary. She has a track record of winning trials before judges and juries; one of Kate’s cases was named the #1 Defense Verdict of 2018 by Missouri Lawyers Weekly.
Kate enjoys learning her clients’ businesses inside and out. In 2018, while still a partner at Lathrop Gage, she worked onsite for six months assisting the client’s general counsel. Kate learned first-hand the demands and pressures placed on in-house counsel and importantly, how best to help them achieve their goals and objectives.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Top Defense Verdict of 2018
- Lawyers Encouraging Academic Performance (LEAP), Board Member, 2018 - Present
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce, Centurions Leadership Program Class of 2018 - 2019
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church, Vestry, 2019
- January 17, 2017
- September 16, 2009
- September 16, 2008
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Kansas Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
Kansas State University, B.S., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2005