James "Jay" Redd
Jay has represented clients in high-stakes litigation in state and federal courts across the country, and uses that experience to advise clients in the efficient resolution of litigated and non-litigated business disputes. Jay also regularly assists clients in drafting agreements and establishing operational best practices toward effective protection of their business interests. His litigation experience includes actions concerning fiduciary liability, contract disputes, creditors' rights, product liability, professional liability, and employment matters relating to non-compete agreements and similar post-employment restrictive covenants.
Jay began his legal career at Lathrop Gage before practicing at a plaintiffs firm for over two years where he focused on prosecuting complex class actions under ERISA. Prior to practicing law, Jay worked as a management consultant in Chicago where he performed operational and technical due diligence for private equity firms evaluating target companies in the healthcare, manufacturing, and consumer goods industries.
- Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District. Successfully reversed and remanded an order granting summary judgment against our client. The trial court found our client jointly liable for a delinquent $2 million real estate loan involving commercial real estate in the City of St. Louis. The matter involved the discovery of a commercial guaranty, by a subsequent owner of the note, and the enforceability of same. Read here.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2016 - 2018
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Washington University Scholar in Law
- Associate Editor, Washington University Journal of Law and Policy
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
DePauw University, B.A., Economics, 2008