George T. Wu, Ph.D.
Dr. George Wu is an experienced Intellectual Property attorney who focuses his practice on biomedical-related matters and cutting-edge technologies. He is experienced in counseling clients on patent applications as well as trademark and copyright registrations, specifically in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, chemical, and medical device industries. George also represents clients in Inter Partes Reviews at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and 337 investigations before the International Trade Commission. Alongside 14 years of legal experience, his strong technical background in molecular and cell biology provides him with an additional perspective when advising clients.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Chinese American Bar Association of Chicago
- United Chinese Americans
- Fujita, T., Zhang, L., Wu, G., Xiao, X., Wan, Y. Phosphorylation of APC/Cdc27 by CKII involves in TGF-β-mediated growth inhibition. FASEB Journal. 2010 August.
- Hu, D., Liu, W., Wu, G., Wan, Y. Nuclear translocation of Skp2 facilitates its destruction in response to TGF-β signaling. Cell Cycle. 2011 January; 10(2): 1-8.
- Liu, W., Zong, W., Wu, G., Fujita, T., Li, W., Wu, J., Wan, Y. Turnover of BRCA1 involves in radiation-induced apoptosis. PLoS ONE. 2010 December; 5(12): 1-11.
- Wu, G. Patenting biotech beyond the central dogma. Nature Biotechnology 2010 March; 28(3): 231-3.
- Wu, G., Glickstein, S., Liu, W., Fujita, T., Li, W., Yang, Q., Duvoisin, R., Wan, Y. The Anaphase-promoting Complex Coordinates the Initiation of Lens Differentiation. Mol. Biol. Cell. 2007 March; 18(3):1018-29.
- Liu, W., Wu, G., Li, W., Lobur, D., Wan, Y. Cdh1-APC Targets Skp2 for Destruction in TGF-beta-induced Growth Inhibition. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2007 April: 27(8):2967-79.
- Li, W., Wu, G., Wan, Y. The Dual Effects of Cdh1/APC in Myogenesis. FASEB Journal. 2007 Nov.; 21(13): 3606-17.
Panelist, Diversity & Inclusion in Career Development, American Immigration Lawyers Association Ethics Conference, Chicago, May 3, 2019
Panelist, The New Reality Facing Chinese Americans During the U.S.-China Conflict, University of Chicago, March 9, 2019.
- Panelist, The Important and Potentially Dangerous Impacts of the Economic Espionage Act and Other Related Policies, United Chinese Americans, Houston, September 22, 2018.
155 North Wacker DriveSuite 3000Chicago, IL 60606-1787
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
Weill Cornell Medical College, Ph.D., Molecular Biology
University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Molecular & Cellular Biology