Gizie D. Hirsh
Ms. Hirsh practices in all areas of business-related immigration law. She assists such national and local employers as architectural firms, educational institutions, manufacturers, entertainment firms, financial service firms and health care providers with immigrant and non-immigrant matters. She focuses her practice on representing employers before United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor, and the Department of State on a wide variety of immigration matters. Ms. Hirsh’s experience includes the following:
- securing approvals for employers who wish to hire foreign nationals in various nonimmigrant categories, including H-1B (Specialty Workers), L-1 (Intra-company Transferees), TN (NAFTA Treaty Workers), O-1 (Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement), and R-1 (Religious Workers).
- obtaining labor certifications from the Department of Labor for employers pursuing permanent resident status for their foreign national workers.
- obtaining immigrant petition approvals in the EB-1, EB-2, EB-3 and EB-4 categories.
- assisting foreign nationals to obtain permanent resident status.
- advising clients on I-9 compliance and E-Verify issues.
Ms. Hirsh’s experience during and prior to law school included three years as a law-clerk and paralegal at a boutique immigration firm in Atlanta, where she handled various business- and family-based immigration matters.
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellows Program
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Cutting Immigration Programs is No Solution, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, June 26, 2009
- Presenter, Immigration Compliance, Associated Industries of Missouri (AIM), August 25, 2010
- June 26, 2009
- September 16, 2008
- Increase in Demand for H-1B Quota Suggests Employers Should Not Wait Beyond April 1, 2013, to File New H-1B Petitions1/7/2013
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2006
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, B.A., summa cum laude, 1997