Frederick W. Miller
Frederick Miller values using his diverse experience in transactional real estate and lending law, including his primary focus of tax credit and other incentive-based financing, to address the objectives of his clients in an efficient, practical and creative manner.
Fred advises clients in all aspects of a transaction, including structuring, negotiating documentation and advising as to ongoing compliance matters.
His local and national clients include key investors in the tax credit industry, nonprofit and for-profit real estate developers, community development entities, and leverage lenders.
In addition, Fred has represented numerous borrowers and nationally recognized lenders in connection with complex asset-based lending transactions.
- Missouri & Kansas “Super Lawyer” Rising Star
- Represented a nonprofit corporation and its supporting organization in* connection with a transaction involving $9.5 million of new markets tax credit (“NMTC”) financing and a $5 million Capital Fund Community Facilities grant, which financing was used for the development of an early
childhood center and family wellness facility in the City of St. Louis, Missouri.
- Represented a developer in connection with traditional loan, NMTC and historic tax credit financing for the rehabilitation of a historic building in the City of St. Louis, Missouri, to be used as the new location of a Montessori charter school.
- Represented equity investor in connection with a $35 million NMTC financing for the rehabilitation of a community theater in San Francisco, California.
- Represented a NMTC allocatee and its subsidiary community development entity in connection with financing the expansion of operations at a biodiesel plan in Moberly, Missouri.
- Represented a NMTC allocatee and its subsidiary community development entity in connection with the financing of real estate improvements to be used, in part, for a supermarket that now serves the needs of an area of South Side Chicago, Illinois, that had long been considered a “food desert.”
- Presenter, Structuring, Closing HTC Transactions, Novogradac Historic Tax Credit Conference, Denver, Colorado, September 2017
- November 18, 2014
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2000
Washington University, A.B., 1996