Douglas J. Traeger
Douglas Traeger focuses his practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, estate and trust litigation, guardianships and conservatorships, and elder law. Douglas' practice has included administration and litigation involving probate and protective proceedings in a wide array of estates and trusts across multiple states and countries; often involving real and personal property, business interests, common law marriage issues, slayer statute issues, contested will and trust documents, and alleged acts and omissions of wrongdoing by fiduciaries of trust and probate administrations.
Douglas previously served as the Jefferson County Deputy Public Administrator, and as counsel for the Public Administrator. In these roles, he was appointed as a personal representative, trustee and conservator involving all aspects of disputes between family members, devisees, beneficiaries, alleged common law spouses, conservatorship and guardianship matters.
Additionally, Douglas’ past litigation experience includes the areas of personal injury, Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) litigation, and wrongful death matters.
- U.S. District Court of the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018, 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2007-2018
- Colorado Bar Association
- Trust and Estate Section
- Statutory Revisions Committee
- Probate Trial and Procedures Subcommittee
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- National Association of Counsel for Children, Co-Founder
- Colorado Rush Soccer Association, former Director and President
- Riverside-Fort Logan Memorial Day Soccer Tournament, former Director and President, Coach and Referee