Andrea M. Young
Andrea Young is a member of the Real Estate practice group and focuses her practice on real estate law. Her duties include preparation of real estate documents including negotiating and drafting sale agreements, commercial leases and managing development finance projects and real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Lathrop Gage, Andrea was associate general counsel for Port KC, formerly Port Authority of Kansas City, Missouri focusing on real estate and regulatory compliance matters for the organization. Andrea served as the compliance officer and oversaw Port KC’s minority and women owned business enterprise inclusion program and developed and implemented compliance policies and procedures for Port KC operations.
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional
- Urban Lawyer, Research Editor
- Law Review, Staff
- Kansas City Volunteer Attorneys and Accountants for the Arts (KCVLAA), Board Member
- North Kansas City YMCA, Advisory Committee Member
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, Volunteer, 2012 - 2016