Alexandra A. Roje
Alex Roje is a Partner in the firm's Insurance Recovery practice. Alex is highly skilled in complex insurance and commercial litigation matters, representing policyholder clients in a wide range of insurance coverage disputes involving directors' and officers' liability, product and environmental liability, employment practice liability, first-party property coverage, crime/fidelity coverage, and insurance coverage matters in bankruptcy proceedings.
Alex's extensive trial experience includes insurance recovery, commercial and healthcare litigation matters. Her achievements include arbitrations for the Los Angeles Dodgers, a multi-year trial and appellate proceedings before the International Criminal Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia in the Hague, as well as two separate verdicts on behalf of a national healthcare system and hospital against a health maintenance organization.
Alex also provides advice and counseling to corporate boards on insurance coverage and liability issues in the context of mergers and acquisitions, and transaction risk insurance including “reps and warranties” liability and tax indemnity insurance products.
In addition, Alex is a frequent speaker for panels and webinars on the topic of insurance coverage, co-authored the Rutter Group's D&O Liability Insurance Section, and is a member of its advisory panel. She currently serves as the Co-chair of the American Bar Association's Director and Officer Liability Insurance Section and is a member of its advisory group as well.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- November 8, 2018
- American Bar Association, Director and Officer Liability Insurance Section, Co-Chair and Advisory Panel
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Risk Insurance Management Society, Member
- Contributing editor, The Rutter Guide, Director and Officer Liability Insurance Section
- Contributing editor, D&O Handbook (2013)
- Presenter, Reps and Warranties Coverage and Claims Experience, ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Conference, Transaction Risk, 2017
- Presenter, Management Liability and Insurance Issues: What Bank Executives and Decision-Makers Need to Know, California Bankers Association Webinar Series, 2013
- Presenter, D&O Insurance Coverage: What Corporate Decision Makers Need to Know, Webinar series, 2011
- Presenter, Advice for Corporate Clients: What Corporate Lawyers Need to Know, Webinar series, 2011
- April 22, 2019
1888 Century Park EastSuite 1000Los Angeles, CA 90067-1623
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2000
University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., magna cum laude, 1995