Alice E. Jennett
Alice Jennett focuses her practice on tax credit financing and real estate matters. Ms. Jennett works with equity investors, tax credit allocatees, lenders and developers in a variety of real estate matters involving federal, state and local tax credits and incentives including new markets tax credits, historic rehabilitation tax credits, and low-income housing tax credits. She also advises clients on various real estate issues regarding the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of commercial, senior, and multi-family residential property.
During law school, she was a member of the Public Interest Law Group and Women Law Students’ Association, and she also completed an externship with the Internal Revenue Service in St. Louis.
Alice actively donates her time and resources to various local organizations, including Stray Rescue of St. Louis, the Saint Louis Art Museum and the Saint Louis Zoo.
- CALI Awards
- Gary I. Boren Memorial Award for Scholastic Achievement in the LL.M. Taxation LL.M. Program (awarded to the highest ranking student completing the Taxation LL.M.)
- The Missouri Bar
- The Illinois Bar
- American Bar Association
- Young Friends member, St. Louis Art Museum
- Secured equity funding using historic rehabilitation tax credits for the development and rehabilitation of a public transportation building into a hotel and gallery space in New York City.
- Used new markets tax credits to secure affordable loans and equity for the rehabilitation of a historic armory into a pre-school and community center in Florida.
- Provided equity funds using low-income housing tax credits for the construction of two affordable housing complexes in Iowa, providing safe housing to victims of domestic violence.
- Worked with an equity investor client to obtain capital for a nonprofit property development company to build an affordable housing rental property and community health center for homeless veterans in Colorado using low-income housing tax credits and new markets tax credits.
- November 18, 2014
- January 1, 2019
7701 Forsyth BoulevardSuite 500Clayton, MO 63105
Washington University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 2011
St. Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
St. Louis University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2007