Alfred R. Hupp, Jr.
In the immigration field, Mr. Hupp assisted employers with immigrant and non-immigrant matters concerning executives, managers, professionals and skilled workers from abroad. He advised health care clients on employment of foreign national physicians and allied health professionals. He helped clients regularly with questions relating to employment eligibility verification under the immigration laws.
In the field of intellectual property, Al counseled numerous clients on whether proposed marks are registrable with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and whether such marks might infringe marks or names already in use. In addition, he prosecuted applications for registration for many of these clients. His experience also included licensing and other agreements relating to the preparation and transfer of technology.
- Missouri (inactive)
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013 - 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- The Missouri Bar
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- United States Naval Reserve, Captain (Ret.)
- Court Appointed Special Advocate Project, Juvenile Court of Jackson County, Missouri, Board of Directors 1994-1997; Nominating Committee 1995 & 1996; Fund Development Committee Chair, 1997
- YMCA of Greater Kansas City, Board of Directors, 1989-95; Executive Committee, 1990-2011; Assistant Secretary, 1990-present; Chair, 1995 Metropolitan sustaining campaign
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scoutmaster, 1993-1997 and 2002-2006; Troop Treasurer, 1993-1997; Scoutmaster, 1997-1998; Troop Activities Coordinator 1998-1999; Troop Committee Chair, 1999-2002
- Naval Reserve Building Association of Greater Kansas City, Board of Directors and Treasurer, 2001-present
- Kansas City Rowing Club, Board of Directors, 2009-present; President, 2009-2010
- Immigration Law Update for Employment, Corporate, and Business Lawyers, The Journal of the Kansas Bar Association, October 2005 (Co-author)
- Parental Refusals of Consent: The Obligations of Missouri Health Care Providers, 57 UMKC Law Review, Summer 1989
- Speaker, Immigration: Melting Pot or Meltdown, Lathrop Gage's Annual Hospitality Roundtable, Los Angeles, CA, July 25, 2012
- August 15, 2013
- August 22, 2012