Ally Cunningham focuses her practice on representing clients in administrative negotiations with federal and state agencies, advising clients regarding their regulatory requirements and assisting with litigation of environmental claims.
She offers a full range of services to clients with a focus on unparalleled customer service and exhaustive attention to detail. In addition to traditional legal counseling, she brings experience in the strategy and creation of public relations and the management of political issues related to pending litigation or compliance issues, with a particular emphasis in environmental and agribusiness matters.
Her work on large, complex environmental civil litigation, especially those involving class action components, has been highly commended. She plays a key role on national trial teams, where her focus on pre-trial discovery and motion practice is instrumental. Ally has led teams in extensive e-discovery exchanges, and assists with witness preparation and depositions. She also advises clients on compliance and permitting under federal environmental laws and regulations. Her practice ranges from large corporate clients to small family farmers.
Ally has experience interacting with a variety of government agencies and actors. She has worked in the Missouri Attorney General’s Office, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, and the Missouri State Capitol. She also worked in the governmental affairs unit of the Missouri Attorney General while in college, working with various state agencies and licensing boards on pending litigation issues. Throughout law school, she worked in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri on a variety of federal enforcement actions. She also spent five years as a registered lobbyist for the students of the University of Missouri in the Missouri State Capitol.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Order of the Coif
- Parrish Scholarship
- Covington Scholarship
- CALI Excellence in Contracts Award
- CALI Excellence in Land Use Award
- Judge’s Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law
- Senninger Powers Excellence in Copyright Law Award
- Board of Directors, Missouri Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Missouri Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Women in Agribusiness
- Associate Member, The Missouri Law Review
- University of Missouri Alumni Association
- Missouri Court Appointed Special Advocates (MOCASA), Statewide Board of Directors
- Featured, Trustees' Alumna Expands Resume, UMKC Trustees' Scholar Newsletter, November 2018
- Legal Perspective Panel, Missouri Waste Control Coalition Conference, 2014
- Illinois Agri-Woman Changing the Face of Agriculture conference, 2014
- October 2, 2012
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
University of Missouri-Kansas City, B.A., summa cum laude, 2009