Rex A. Redlingshafer, Jr.
Rex Redlingshafer works with equity investors, developers, lenders and allocatees in a variety of real estate, corporate and financing matters. He specializes in commercial real estate purchase, sale, mortgage, lease, development, incentives, management and land use projects for commercial developers, builders, investors, condominium developers, banks, mortgage lenders and property managers. Additionally, Mr. Redlingshafer has experience working on corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and project finance.
Mr. Redlingshafer’s experience in these areas includes the following:
- Represented large developer in a 115 million dollar redevelopment of an iconic office building in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Assisted numerous clients in multiple states in the area of data center development including sales tax and development incentives.
- Assisted numerous clients in the areas of real estate development, including tax increment financing (TIF), tax abatement, special taxing districts, tax credits and other development incentives.
- Negotiated agreements, drafted documents, and facilitated closing of numerous purchases and sales of commercial and residential property worth in excess of tens of millions of dollars.
- Represented large borrowers in significant refinancings dealing with properties located in multiple states.
- Provided counsel to numerous institutional lenders and borrowers regarding commercial loan transactions, including construction and real estate loans.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in leasing negotiations for office buildings, retail space, and other commercial properties.
Mr. Redlingshafer has a law and business certificate from Vanderbilt University and obtained his MBA at the University of Notre Dame with concentrations in Corporate Finance and Investments. During this time he served as a financial analyst for the University’s endowment as part of the Applied Investment Management (AIM) program. During his free time he enjoys travel, viewing and playing sports and spending time with friends and family.
- CALI Awards: Civil Procedure and Legal Writing
- Payne and Jones Lawyering Award
- Appointed Colonel Aide de Camp by the Governor of Tennessee
- Paul Landis Scholarship Winner
- Member of the National Society of Scholars
- Member of the University of Kansas Honors Program
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Phi Kappa Phi
- American Bar Association
- American Leadership Academy
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Phi Kappa Psi, Kansas Alpha Chapter
- Young Friends of Art
- November 11, 2015
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Vanderbilt University, J.D., 2014
University of Notre Dame, MBA, cum laude, 2015
University of Kansas, B.S., 2011