Paul McKie Lewis
Paul Lewis is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group. Mr. Lewis focuses his practice on real estate law. His duties include preparation of real estate documents such as leases, sales agreements and easements, handling title matters, drafting loan documents such as notes and collateral documents and advising clients on real estate and loan transactions.
In addition to real estate law, Mr. Lewis also focuses on public law, economic development incentives, land use planning and development, specifically including the Missouri Works program, Chapter 353 Corporations, and Enhanced Enterprise Zones.
Prior to joining Lathrop Gage, Mr. Lewis was associate counsel at Americo Financial Life and Annuity Insurance Company, where he reviewed estates, trusts, and powers-of-attorney in connection with the purchase of life insurance policies and conducted research for legal issues and regulatory compliance.
- 2015 graduate of the Leadership Northeast Program of the Northeast Johnson County Chamber of Commerce.
- Fellow Life Management Institution (FLMI) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA), 2013
- Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA) – 2013
- Associate Reinsurance Administration (ARA) Designation, Life Office Management Association (LOMA) 2013
- Kansas City Estate Planning Prize - Second place, tax track, “Partial Exchanges of Annuities under § 1035,” 2012
- Urban Lawyer, Staff
- Law Review, Staff
- ABA – Tort Trial and Insurance Section, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, Taxation, Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Gorum v. Sessoms, 41 Urb. Law. 599, Summer 2009
- March 10, 2014