Kevin M. Kuhlman
Mr. Kuhlman focuses his practice on tort litigation, representing individuals and businesses in resolving both litigated and non-litigated disputes. He has significant experience representing major corporations in matters involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, toxic tort, premises liability, product liability and employer intentional tort claims brought in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Selected recent experience includes:
- Guang Dong Light Headgear Factory v. ACI International, Inc. (U.S. District Court of Kansas). Second-chaired a week-long jury trial which concerned an international dispute between a Kansas corporation and a government-owned cap factory located in The People’s Republic of China. The jury awarded more than $500,000 damages to our client on its claim for breach of contract.
- Winning Streak, Inc. v. Winning Streak Sports, LLC. (District Court of Johnson County, Kansas). Second-chaired a week-long jury trial which concerned a dispute between two individuals over membership interests in an LLC. The jury awarded damages to our client on his breach of fiduciary duty claim. Mr. Kuhlman assisted in drafting all appellate arguments.
- Assisted national manufacturing client in revising its nationwide warranty program.
Mr. Kuhlman possesses significant experience in resolving claims for individual and corporate clients through mediation and multi-party settlement conferences.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2014-2016
- Washington University’s Judge John W. Calhoun Trial Practice Award
- Associate Editor, Washington University Journal of Law and Policy
- Regional Runner Up - 2005 National Trial Competition
- Regional Semi-Finalist - 2005 ATLA Regional Trial Competition
- Best Direct Examination - Michigan State University - DCL National Trial Competition
- January 6, 2014
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Washington University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Truman State University, B.A.,