Joseph W. Medved
Mr. Medved specializes in mergers and acquisitions; corporate finance; and business transactions. He has represented clients in numerous transactions, including asset purchases and sales, stock purchases and sales, mergers, joint ventures, bank financings, tender offers, public and private stock offerings, and public and private debt offerings. He is also engaged in a broad corporate and business practice.
Significant representations for Publicly-Traded Clients and Private Equity Transactions:
- Asset sale of mining operation and commodities brokerage business for $100 million.
- Asset acquisition of fuel distribution company for $45 million.
- Asset acquisition of specialty finance company for $1.7 billion.
- Sale of business operations in Mexico for $315 million.
- Sale of integrated waste hauling company and landfill for a reported $350 million.
- Negotiation of $250 million private equity investment.
- Private placement of $50 million of senior notes and negotiation of a $65 million bank credit facility.
- Issuance of $225 million of subordinated debt under Rule 144A.
- Sponsoring of $250 million initial public offering by a REIT and related $300 million sale/leaseback of projects.
- Recapitalization involving tender offer for publicly held notes and negotiation of $425 million senior bank credit facility.
- Issuance of $175 million of senior subordinated notes under Rule 144A.
- Issuance of $100 million of convertible preferred stock.
- Formation (and subsequent acquisition) of a $200 million joint venture.
- Issuance of $200 million of senior notes and senior subordinated notes in a public offering.
- Sale of assets for $200 million.
- Acquisition of a life insurance company for $70 million.
- Sale of United Kingdom operations for $98 million.
- Acquisition of a theatre exhibition company for $150 million.
- Proxy fight for control of a publicly traded REIT.
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2008-2018
- Selected as “Leading Lawyer” by Chambers USA, 2003-2012 and 2014-2017
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005, 2007 and 2010-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Board Member and Past Chairman, Greater Kansas City Foreign Trade Zone
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- August 15, 2017
- August 16, 2016
- June 3, 2016
- May 20, 2015
- October 14, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- May 17, 2013
- October 15, 2012
- August 22, 2012
- July 9, 2012
- June 7, 2012
- November 1, 2011
- August 30, 2011
- June 10, 2011
- October 13, 2010
- August 6, 2010
- June 11, 2010
- May 21, 2010
- January 12, 2010
- August 3, 2009
- June 11, 2009
- January 13, 2009
- June 13, 2008
- JOBS Act Lifts Ban on “General Solicitation or Advertising” in Certain Private Offerings and Resales4/10/2012
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1977
University of Kansas, B.A., cum laude, 1974