John “Jack” C. Craft
- Jack Craft, formerly of Craft Fridkin & Rhyne, merged his firm with Lathrop Gage in 2004.
- He served as the Chairman of the 1990 New Zoo Committee formed to pass the bonds necessary to finance the Zoo. In 1996, he was Chairman of the Missouri Task Force for the Bistate Initiative and the Missouri Chairman and Treasurer of Yes On Union Station.
- In 2004, Jack Craft was the Vice Chair for the Bistate II Initiative and the Campaign Chairman and Treasurer of the Missouri Think Big Committee.
- Serves as counsel to the Director of the Missouri Department of Insurance for receivership proceedings involving several Missouri-domiciled insolvent insurance companies.
- Most recently Jack worked together with many organizations, including DST, the Internal Revenue Service and the Post Office, to negotiate the development of a new IRS Service Center in the former Main Post Office space in Kansas City, Missouri. To do that, he helped negotiate a process through which the GSA and the IRS were able to achieve Congressional authorization and approval for a long-term lease for the IRS Service Center. It allowed the Postal Service to find better use for an older facility and prompted the IRS to open a new Service Center and relocate employees of the Post Office to Union Station.
- In 2005 and 2006, along with other Lathrop attorneys, Jack represented Jackson County in the renegotiation of leases between Jackson County, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Kansas City Royals, which resulted in much improved facilities and the assurance that both teams would remain in Kansas City.
- Represents the Alexander Company in the complex redevelopment of numerous Kansas City urban properties in connection with a $45 million redevelopment project, which includes the use of incentives through the Planned Industrial Expansion Authority, the Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, state and federal historic tax credits, Brownfields Remediation Grants, and affordable housing tax credits.
- Formerly served with the Missouri Attorney General’s Office.
- Former Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Western District of Missouri.
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2008-2018
- Named among the 175 most influential people in the history of Jackson County by the Jackson County Historical Society, 2001
- Board of Editors, Northwestern University Law Review, 1964-1965
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Board Member, Family and Community Trust (FACT), 2005 to present
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel, member (includes lawyers who practice corporate and regulatory insurance law)
- Insurance Regulatory Examiners Society, associate member
- Former Board Member, Board of Directors, Hawthorn Foundation
- Co-Chair, Local Investment Commission
- Co-Chair of the FOCUS Kansas City Governance Work Team
- Former member, Executive Committee and the Board of Directors of the K.C. Chamber of Commerce
- Former member of the Boards of Directors of: Research Hospital; Research School of Nursing; Citizens for Missouri's Children; Family and Children Services of Kansas City; and Friends of the Zoo
- Chairman, Port Authority of Kansas City, 1987-1988
- Former Chairman of the Public Improvements Advisory Committee of Kansas City
- Former member, Board of the Kansas City Planned Industrial Expansion Authority
- August 15, 2017
- August 16, 2016
- August 15, 2013
- August 22, 2012
- August 30, 2011
- August 6, 2010
- April 12, 2010
- August 3, 2009
- January 29, 2009
- June 24, 2008
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 1965
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, A.B., 1961