Joshua B. Christensen
Josh Christensen focuses his practice on representing clients in litigated and non-litigated business-to-business disputes such as breach of contract matters, loan enforcement actions, construction matters, insurance disputes, regulatory matters, business torts and professional liability matters.
Mr. Christensen also handles non-litigated and litigated premises liability and transportation matters, including duties to invitees and licensees, as well as FELA and interstate trucking.
In addition to his federal clerkship, his prior experience includes serving as a clerk for a full-service civil firm in Birmingham, Alabama, where he researched and drafted motions and memoranda in employment, tort and FELA cases. He also interned for the Missouri State Public Defender’s Office, District 39 Trial Division, where he represented clients at arraignments and assisted with three felony jury trials.
Some of his representative experience includes:
- Argued for a precedent-setting federal decision regarding diversity of citizenship claims, preventing a motion to move a case to federal court on these grounds. The resulting decision provided clarity that federal courts do not have jurisdiction where there is a fraudulent or elusive merger executed solely for the purpose of shifting a dispute from state to federal court.
- Represented medical group in case alleging medical malpractice. Through research and depositions, learned that issues were caused by a medical device defect, then successfully pursued the device manufacturer as a third-party defendant and defeated dispositive motions asserting preemption defenses.
- Defended a lift truck manufacturer against a personal injury claim by a plaintiff who had sustained an injury while operating one of the client’s products. L&G narrowed the plaintiff’s claims through successful pretrial motions and ultimately resolved the matter in a confidential settlement favorable for the client.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly's 2017 Up & Coming class
- Leadership Springfield, Signature Class 32
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2015, 2016
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barrister
- Operations Editor, Alabama Law Review
- Dean M. Leigh Harrison Award (Top 5%)
- American College of Trial Lawyers Award
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award
- Hugo Black Scholar
- Dean V. Nathaniel Hansford Student Service and Leadership Award
- Anna C. Curry Leadership Award
- Alabama State Bar
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Note, Beguiled by Guiles: The Overlooked Duality of Forfeiture by Wrongdoing, 62 Ala. L. Rev. 645 (2011)
- September 12, 2017
- September 4, 2012
910 East St. Louis StreetSuite 100Springfield, MO 65806-2523
University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2011
Excelsior College, B.S., 2007
- Federal Law Clerk to the Honorable L. Scott Coogler, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, 2011-2012