Elijah J.L. Haahr
Mr. Haahr currently represents the 134th district in Springfield, Missouri, as a State Representative District and serves as Speaker Pro Tem of the Missouri House of Representatives (2017-2018); he previously served as Chairman of the Emerging Issues standing committee (2015-2016). Mr. Haahr was elected to his first term in 2012.
Mr. Haahr has nine years of experience and focuses his practice on civil litigation and workers’ compensation. He has successfully represented clients in state circuit court, administrative law hearings, and federal district court, and has appeared and successfully argued before the Missouri Southern District Court of Appeals. Mr. Haahr has tried jury and bench trials in state and federal courts; deposed hundreds of parties, witnesses and experts; participated in dozens of mediations; and argued numerous motions in courts in Missouri and Oklahoma. Additionally, he has defended numerous medical providers and doctors in medical malpractice litigation all across southwest Missouri.
Mr. Haahr attended the University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law (MU) on academic scholarship and graduated with honors in 2008. At Mizzou Law School, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Missouri Environmental Law & Policy Review and represented the school at the regional level in Mock Trial and Moot Court competitions. In 2007, he served as the National Student Representative for the ABA’s Appellate Advocacy competition. Upon graduation, Mr. Haahr was awarded the Order of Barristers as one of the top 10 oral advocates in his graduating class.
Mr. Haahr lives in Springfield with his wife, Amanda, and four children. He is active in the local community as a member (and former President) of the Springfield Jaycees, and the Springfield Chamber of Commerce Government Relations Committee.
- U.S. District for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District for the Western District of Missouri
- Missouri Farm Bureau “Friend of Agriculture,” 2016
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2015, 2016, 2017
- Missouri Community College Association “Distinguished Legislator Award,” 2015
- Missouri Journalism Education Association “Friend of Scholastic Journalism,” 2015
- Missouri Western State University “Graduate of the Last Decade,” 2015
- Ozarks Technical Community College “Alumni of the Year,” 2015
- Missouri Legislature “Freshman Legislator of the Year for Small Business Advocacy,” 2013
- Springfield Business Journal “40 under 40,” 2013
- Springfield Jaycees “Jaycee of the Year,” 2011
- 417 Magazine “20 under 30,” 2010
- University of Missouri School of Law “CALI Award – Freedom of Speech and the First Amendment”
- University of Missouri School of Law Dean’s List
- Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity “Frank Hargear Award Outstanding National Undergraduate,” 2004
- Order of Barristers
- Work comp judgment covers crash during job-related travel, Missouri Lawyers Weekly, May 12, 2014
- Missouri Environmental Law & Policy Review, Editor-in-Chief (2007-2008), 13 MO. ENVTL. L. & POL’Y REV. 575 (2006)
- September 13, 2017
- July 6, 2017
910 East St. Louis StreetSuite 100Springfield, MO 65806-2523
University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2008
Missouri Western State University, B.S., cum laude, 2005
Ozarks Technical Community College, A.A., cum laude, 2002