David R. Frye
For nearly two decades, David Frye has focused his practice in the areas of tort and commercial litigation. He has substantial experience defending lawsuits involving general personal injury, premises liability, automotive liability, toxic tort exposure and commercial litigation in both state and federal courts in Missouri and Kansas. He has served as first chair in several multimillion-dollar lawsuits, with a particular emphasis on defending claims alleging catastrophic injuries or wrongful death as well as claims seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Mr. Frye also has significant litigation experience concerning restrictive covenants (e.g., non-competition and non-solicitation agreements) and has addressed the myriad legal issues that may arise from them. With a thorough understanding of his clients’ businesses, he has drafted agreements that are carefully tailored to protect his clients’ confidential information and their valued relationships with customers and employees. When the need arises, Mr. Frye moves quickly and effectively to secure appropriate relief for his clients, including temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
In 2014, Mr. Frye earned the Certified Medicare Secondary Payer (CMSP) professional certification from the Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers (LASIE). The CMSP certification identifies professionals who work within the workers’ compensation and liability insurance industry and demonstrate superior knowledge and skills in the field of Medicare Secondary Payer Compliance.
Mr. Frye handles all aspects of case management and analysis, witness deposition, expert development, settlement negotiation and trial. He provides risk analysis and assessment in his work guiding national defense strategy and mitigating litigation on behalf of his clients.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- Participant, Moot Court I and Moot Court II
- Teaching Assistant, Moot Court
- Co-Chairman, Moot Court Board
- Certified Medicare Secondary Payer (CMSP) professional certification
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc. (RIMS)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- KCMBA/YLS Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court - 2001-2002
- Keep Kansas City Beautiful, an affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, Board Chair and Member, 2006-2010
- November 21, 2014
- October 14, 2013
- January 11, 2013
- October 15, 2012
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 1996
University of Nebraska at Omaha, B.S.B.A., 1993