Amanda L. Yoder
Amanda Yoder focuses her practice on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and business representation and transactions, and formation and structuring of business entities and relationships. She is uniquely positioned to provide exceptional service to her clients, ensuring they receive the best result in the most economical timeframe.
Prior to entering law school, Ms. Yoder served as a tax associate with Grant Thornton, where she assisted clients in an array of federal tax services. Her experience in corporate law is expansive, as is her knowledge of the individual environments in which her clients operate. She combines these experiences to provide clients innovative solutions with a common-sense approach to complex legal issues.
- Represented a multinational financial institution in connection with revolving and term credit facilities secured by 54 gas stations and convenience stores in a new joint venture between a multinational energy company and the operator.
- Represented financial institutions with financial covenant based unsecured facilities, A/R and inventory borrowing base secured facilities, construction loans, and equipment loans.
- Provided unparalleled service for lenders and borrowers, including secured and unsecured lending, and refinancings, regulatory and compliance issues, environmental issues, loan workouts and restructures.
- Provided guidance in all aspects of credit relationships, regulatory and operational matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Represented both buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of both stock and assets in many different industries, both regulated and unregulated.
- Represented client in the sale of its wholesale insurance business.
- Represented clients in company acquisition and growth strategies, including veterinary clinics and accounting firms.
- Represented buyers in many other transactions, including the purchase of a retail jewelry business, heavy equipment dealership, dog agility business, and grain loading facility.
- Represented sellers in many other transactions, including a logistical services business, medical equipment rental business and quality agricultural supply.
- Worked closely with client senior management teams, focusing on board and investor relationship issues and strategic relationship issues with vendors and customers.
- Worked to accomplish client business goals in as efficient and effective a manner as possible.
- Assisted clients with corporate governance issues, contracting and fundamental business transactions.
- Responsible for managing the client’s use of the other full-service resources of the firm: litigation, intellectual property, employment and other specialty practice groups in order to effectively meet each client’s needs.
- Order of the Barristers
- Missouri Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- Board of Advocates
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Board Member, Lawyers Association of Kansas City's Young Lawyers Section (2013)
- Author, “Foreclosure Sale Price v. Fair Market Value,” Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, January 2014
- Author, “High Priced Mortgage Loans - Don’t Forget the Appraisal,” Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, July 2013
- Author, “Credit Agreements Defined – a Cautionary Tale in Loan Approval,” Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, November 2012
- Co-author, “Well-Settled Foreclosure Rule Upheld - For Now: First Bank v. Fischer & Frichtel, Inc. (Missouri Supreme Court 2012),” Missouri Independent Bankers Association Newsletter, July 2012
- “One Prong, Two Prong, Many Prongs: A Look into the Economic Substance Doctrine.” Klamath Strategic Investment Fund ex rel. St. Croix Ventures v. United States, 568 F.3d 537 (5th Cir. 2009). Mo Law Rev. Volume 75, Issue 4, pg. 1409
- “Resurrection of a Dead Remedy: Bringing Common Law Negligence Back into Employment Law.” Missouri Alliance for Retired Americans v. Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, 277 S.W.3d 670 (Mo. 2009) (en banc). Mo Law Rev. Volume 75, Issue 3, pg. 1093
- April 2, 2013
- September 1, 2011
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2011
University of Missouri, M.B.A., 2007
University of Missouri, B.S.B.A., 2006