Amanda Ebert Sisney
Amanda Sisney represents employers in responding to and handling charges of employment discrimination and all phases of litigation, including eDiscovery. Her robust eDiscovery experience has involved document reviews of all sizes, including the coordination of significantly large document reviews for a national food, personal care, and household products powerhouse.
Additionally, Ms. Sisney provides advice and counsel to clients regarding various employment matters – from comprehensive handbook audits to day-to-day HR guidance, including employment contracts, wage and hour classifications, accommodation issues, and internal investigations. She is dedicated to staying current and is on the front line when new issues arise, being a proactive resource to clients. As a problem-solver, self-starter and tech-savvy, Ms. Sisney is tuned into learning what keeps clients in that sector up at night and how best to help them.
Ms. Sisney’s practice also includes a focus on business litigation. She represents clients in litigated and non-litigated business-to-business disputes such as breach of contract matters, business torts, collection actions, and ERISA actions.
Ms. Sisney has represented clients in breach of contract, non-compete and other employment matters. She has drafted motions to dismiss, trial court briefs, assisted on major summary judgment motions and appellate briefs, and has assisted in opposing a petition for writ of certiorari in the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Sisney also has an interest in international travel and experiences. She studied abroad in Japan and also interned with a tourism and education company in Barcelona, Spain. She has also spent time in Guatemala doing volunteer work.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Footnote and Format Editor, Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2011-2012
- Staff Editor, Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy, 2010-2011
- Hispanic Bar Association of Greater Kansas City, Board President, 2018
- Hispanic Bar Association of Greater Kansas City, Board Vice-President 2017
- Hispanic Bar Association of Greater Kansas City, Board Member, 2014 - Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, 2015 - Present
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Speaker, Hispanic Bar of Kansas City's 25th Anniversary Event, May 2017
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Kansas School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
Kansas State University, B.A. in Modern Languages, Emphasis in Spanish, 2007