Matt R. Hubbard
Mr. Hubbard is national counsel for a fortune 100 company and his practice is focused on representing financial institutions and other clients in lending and other financing transactions, lender liability litigation, business disputes, fraudulent conveyance litigation, loan workouts and restructurings, forbearance agreements, loan modifications, real estate foreclosures, comprehensive business assets foreclosures, bankruptcy proceedings, enforcement actions, including jury trial practice in federal and state court, appellate practice, and alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Hubbard has successfully tried jury and bench trials involving lenders and financial institutions, business to business disputes, liens and bonds, real estate litigation, construction litigation and title insurance litigation.
Mr. Hubbard’s recent experience includes:
- Obtained a jury trial defense verdict for a Fortune 100 company on contract claims.
- Obtained a jury trial plaintiff’s verdict for a business client on slander of title and negligence claims.
- Obtained a jury trial defense verdict for a Fortune 500 company on tort and fraud claims.
- Obtained summary judgment for a corporate client in large mass tort litigation.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of all claims against a banking client in a $27 million fraud and breach of contract action.
- Obtained summary judgment for a banking client on its claims for breach of contract, constructive trust and declaratory judgment.
- Obtained summary judgment for an insurer on vexatious refusal, breach of contract and negligent misrepresentation claims, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Missouri Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Recipient of Order of the Barristers Award for Courtroom Advocacy
Recipient of National Trial Competition Award
Law School Moot Court Selection - Trial Advocacy
Ozanam, Board of Directors
The Missouri Bar
Kansas Bar Association
The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Kansas City Autism Training Center, Board of Directors
- December 17, 2010
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
- Business Litigation
- Secured Creditor Representation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Workout and Restructuring
- Asset Sales and Acquisitions
- Debtor Representation
- Unsecured Creditors and Committee Representation
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- General Business and Complex Commercial Litigation
- Trade Secrets
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1996
Texas A&M University, B.S., 1993