Kimberly A. Wingate
Ms. Wingate’s experience includes counseling clients with respect to corporate and securities law matters, including business combinations, corporate acquisitions, dispositions and mergers and other fundamental business changes; private offerings of equity and debt securities for issuers in a wide range of industries; corporate control arrangements (including stockholder agreements, voting trusts, etc.); formation of business entities; and disclosure requirements under state and federal securities laws. She has represented both issuers and investors in private placements under Regulation D; represented startup entities with venture capital investments; and represented both public and private entities in mergers and acquisitions and related matters. Ms. Wingate has also represented clients in structuring, negotiating, implementing and managing a wide variety of other business transactions and relationships, including supply agreements, distribution agreements, joint venture agreements and strategic alliances.
Examples of transactions in which Ms. Wingate has represented clients include:
- Represented the seller in the disposition of an integrated waste hauling services provider, including the disposition of a landfill;
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a company that applies proprietary coatings to, and distributes pipe and other infrastructure useful in, the oil and gas industry, and the negotiation of a license from the coatings manufacturer;
- Represented a clean energy company in structuring and negotiating a waste to energy strategic alliance.
Ms. Wingate was formerly a chemist for Koch Industries, Inc., and an environmental consultant for the Navy. This technical background adds value to Ms. Wingate’s representation of both individual inventors and business entities in arrangements involving the licensing of intellectual property and the preparation and transfer of technology. Ms. Wingate has also counseled numerous clients on whether proposed marks are registrable with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and whether such marks might infringe marks or names already in use and the prosecution of applications for registration of such marks for many of these clients. Ms. Wingate also counsels clients on copyright and other intellectual property matters.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- California Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society International
- Member, Board of Directors, Unicorn Theatre
Speaker, Importance of Entity Selection for Entrepreneurs, FastTrac New Venture Program held by the Kansas Womens Business Center, Lenexa, KS, 2007-2010
- January 4, 2008
- December 19, 2007
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1995
Wichita State University, B.S., 1990