Jennifer S. Tucker
Jennifer has over 15 years experience in the practice of law in the public and private sectors. She focuses her practice in the areas of business litigation, administrative law and advertising. Jennifer also drafts legislation.
Jennifer litigates civil cases before state and federal courts and counsels clients regarding business issues.
She represents clients in administrative and regulatory matters before all state departments, agencies, boards and commissions.
Jennifer advises clients concerning the conduct of promotional activities such as contests, sweepstakes and raffles.
- Helped achieve a $4.2 million jury verdict in a cattle fraud case involving a financial institution's breach of fiduciary duty to a lender.
- Obtained an injunction declaring a state statute unconstitutional that would have imposed burdensome costs on Missouri counties.
- Successfully led protests of state corporate income and franchise tax assessments for two firm clients, saving the clients over $1.3 million in taxes.
- Achieved first victory ever in Medicaid overpayment case.
- Led case involving denial of nursing home license which resulted in a successful settlement under which a full license ultimately was issued.
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013
- Selected for Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” - 2010 and 2011
- Named as an Up and Coming Attorney, Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly, 2008
- U.S. Army, JAG Corps: Cpt. 2004-05; 1 Lt. 1999-2003
- Senior Articles Editor, Saint Louis-Warsaw Transatlantic Law Journal
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law Section
- Cole County Bar Association
- Women Lawyer’s Association of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- FTC Whittles Away “Up To” Claims, InsideCounsel, January 3, 2013
- Missouri Gaming Commission, Chapter 18 in Missouri Administrative Law, Fourth Edition 2011, the Missouri Bar
- Speaker, Gaming Law Sweepstakes, Contests and Beyond, Fifteen-Hour Review of the Law, UMKC School of Law, June 2009
- Speaker, Gaming Law: Know When to Hold ’em and Know When to Fold ’em, November 2005
- August 22, 2012
- November 1, 2011
- October 13, 2010
- January 4, 2008
314 E. High StreetJefferson City, MO 65101
3610 Buttonwood DriveSuite 200Columbia, MO 65201
Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1995
University of Missouri-Columbia, B.A., 1992
- Law Clerk, Honorable Edward D. Robertson, II, Supreme Court of Missouri
- Intern, Honorable Myron H. Bright, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals