Jonathan R. Haden
Environmental experience includes litigation and administrative proceedings under CERCLA, RCRA, the Clear Air Act, FIFRA, OSHA and their state counterparts. CERCLA (Superfund) experience includes representation of PRPs in litigation, ADR, agency negotiations and private party negotiations in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Wisconsin and Arizona. Broad experience in dealing with environmental consultants and contractors for remediation projects. Litigation experience includes defending toxic tort and other mass tort claims.
Religious, charitable and non-profit law experience includes the representation of religious and charitable organizations, religious orders and their members, non-profit institutions and their boards, and similar bodies in all types of matters. Broad experience in defending such organizations from sexual misconduct and related claims.
Media law practice focuses on libel, pre-publication and pre-broadcast review, First Amendment, privacy and public access to meetings and records, involving the representation of major metropolitan daily newspapers, suburban and other weekly newspapers, university newspapers, magazines, television and radio stations and individual writers and producers. Media litigation experience includes trials and appeals involving privacy and defamation, state open meetings and records acts, the federal Freedom of Information Act, cyber-liability and similar issues. Worked as a newspaper and wire service reporter prior to legal career.
Education law practice focuses on the representation of schools, school districts and school boards, with an emphasis on private schools, both religious and non-religious. Litigation experience includes trials and appeals involving employment matters, student discipline, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA aka the Buckley Amendment), student injuries, the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the like. Practice includes consultation on a broad range of issues including licensing and state regulation, admissions, accreditation, fundraising, student privacy acts, student organizations, athletic programs and finance and taxation.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Order of the Bench and Robe
- Kappa Tau Alpha (journalism honorary)
- Note Editor, UMKC Law Review, 1980-81
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Environmental Litigation Committee, 8th Circuit Regional Reporter, Environmental Litigation Committee Newsletter, First Amendment and Media Litigation Committee; Section of Environment, Energy and Resources, Superfund and Hazardous Waste Committee, Toxic Torts and Environmental Litigation Committee; Forum on Communications Law
- The Missouri Bar, Environmental and Energy Law Committee; Media Law Committee
- The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental Law Committee; Media Law Committee
- National Diocesan Attorneys Association
- Libel Defense Resource Center, Pre-Publication/Pre-Broadcast Committee
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 2200Kansas City, MO 64108
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1981
University of Missouri-Columbia, B.J., magna cum laude, 1978